A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death