A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day