A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- New Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019