A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome