A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College