A military judge has ruled that army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan must be clean-shaven before his murder trial.
Hasan is charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage. Thirteen people were killed, including Specialist Fred Greene from Johnson County, Tennessee. Thirty-two others were injured.
Hasan told the judge last week that he grew a beard because the Muslim faith requires it. Beards are a violation of Army regulation and soldiers who disobey those orders can be shaved against their will.
Hasan's attorneys plan to appeal, delaying the trial further.
- Important information for DISH Network subscribers
- Local TN lawmaker introduces bill to eliminate open carry permit for handguns
- People traveling from the Tri-Cities to D.C. for Trump's Inauguration
- MLK Day brings people out to clean up river bank near Saltville
- Emory and Henry College celebrates MLK Day