JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is facing embezzlement charges after being accused of stealing more than a $1,000 from a local store.
Johnson City police say Angela Smith is accused of stealing from Belk in the Johnson City Mall.
They say a loss prevention investigation has been ongoing since March.
Smith was arrested Wednesday and taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center on a $10,000 bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting