JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is facing embezzlement charges after being accused of stealing more than a $1,000 from a local store.
Johnson City police say Angela Smith is accused of stealing from Belk in the Johnson City Mall.
They say a loss prevention investigation has been ongoing since March.
Smith was arrested Wednesday and taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center on a $10,000 bond.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus