JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is facing embezzlement charges after being accused of stealing more than a $1,000 from a local store.
Johnson City police say Angela Smith is accused of stealing from Belk in the Johnson City Mall.
They say a loss prevention investigation has been ongoing since March.
Smith was arrested Wednesday and taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center on a $10,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City