JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is facing charges after police say two kids were left alone in a car.
Stacey Barrett, 34, is charged with two counts of child abuse and neglect. Officers say they were called to the parking lot of Old Navy in Johnson City shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday night, to check on the welfare of two kids. Police say they found them inside a SUV without adult supervision. Police say one of the kids told officers they had been there for more than an hour and a half.
Police say they found the mother, Barrett, inside Old Navy. She told officers she thought she had only been in the store for 20 minutes.
The age of the children are seven and two.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record