JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is charged with theft after police say she embezzled thousands of dollars from a mattress company.
Johnson City Police tell news 5 Jennifer Looney stole 19-thousand-dollars from Mattress Firm on North Roan Street.
Officers say Looney, who was an employee, was accepting cash payments from customers but ringing it up as a credit card payment.
And pocket the cash. Police say she did this twenty times over a period of several months.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all