JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is charged with theft after police say she embezzled thousands of dollars from a mattress company.
Johnson City Police tell news 5 Jennifer Looney stole 19-thousand-dollars from Mattress Firm on North Roan Street.
Officers say Looney, who was an employee, was accepting cash payments from customers but ringing it up as a credit card payment.
And pocket the cash. Police say she did this twenty times over a period of several months.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital