JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is charged with theft after police say she embezzled thousands of dollars from a mattress company.
Johnson City Police tell news 5 Jennifer Looney stole 19-thousand-dollars from Mattress Firm on North Roan Street.
Officers say Looney, who was an employee, was accepting cash payments from customers but ringing it up as a credit card payment.
And pocket the cash. Police say she did this twenty times over a period of several months.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing