JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is charged with theft after police say she embezzled thousands of dollars from a mattress company.
Johnson City Police tell news 5 Jennifer Looney stole 19-thousand-dollars from Mattress Firm on North Roan Street.
Officers say Looney, who was an employee, was accepting cash payments from customers but ringing it up as a credit card payment.
And pocket the cash. Police say she did this twenty times over a period of several months.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane