JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A 27-year-old Johnson City woman is being charged after police say she told them she was 16 during a report.
Alana C. Lee was taken to the Niswonger Children's Hospital for an evaluation after reporting a mugging; there, it was discovered she had given officers a false name and age.
JCPD released the following information about the incident:
"On 7/7/2014, officers of the Johnson City Police Department arrested Alana C. Lee and charged her with False Reporting.
At approximately 9:02 p.m., officers responded in reference to a suspicious person call. Upon arrival, Ms. Lee gave a false name and told officers she was 16 years old. She also stated that she had been dropped off at the apartment complex by three unknown males who had stolen her purse and cell phone. Ms. Lee was later transported to the Johnson City Medical Center's Niswonger Children's Hospital for a medical evaluation. Upon further investigation, it was revealed that Alana Lee was 27 years old and had falsified the information she provided to officers.
Ms. Lee was taken into custody and transported to Washington County Detention Center, where she is being held in lieu of a $3,000 bond. An arraignment is set for 1:30 p.m. on 7/7/14 in Washington County General Sessions Court."
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting