JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a woman accused of stealing out of a vehicle.
Teena Hopson was arrested after police responded to call about an auto burglary on Grays Pointe Court. Police say the vehicle's owner told them she saw Hopson walk up to her vehicle, open the passenger side door, and begin taking items such as a purse, wallet and coat.
The victim says she confronted Hopson and kept her there her until police arrived.
Hopson is charged with burglary from a motor vehicle. She was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where her bond was set at $5,000.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31