JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a woman accused of stealing out of a vehicle.
Teena Hopson was arrested after police responded to call about an auto burglary on Grays Pointe Court. Police say the vehicle's owner told them she saw Hopson walk up to her vehicle, open the passenger side door, and begin taking items such as a purse, wallet and coat.
The victim says she confronted Hopson and kept her there her until police arrived.
Hopson is charged with burglary from a motor vehicle. She was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where her bond was set at $5,000.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting