JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City woman is facing charges after police say she forged checks at two grocery stores.
An investigation led to the arrest of Julia Bittinger. Johnson City police say stolen checks were passed at Food City stores on South Roan Street and State of Franklin Road.
According to the report, the checks were passed on January 24th and 25th. They say the transactions were recorded by store surveillance.
Bittinger is charged with three counts of forgery, identity theft and theft of property under $500.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash