One of the best known and most successful attorneys in the Tri-Cities has died.
News 5 has learned Mark Slagle of Slagle and Finney in Johnson City died Tuesday night. He passed away at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, where he'd been for a month while awaiting a lung transplant.
Steven Finney had known Slagle for more than 20 years. He told us Slagle was his best friend and a man who "truly loved being a lawyer and was really good at it."
Mark Slagle was 61 years old.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31