JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A first degree murder trial began Tuesday in Washington County, Tennessee.
James Henry Allen is charged in the May 2010 shooting death of Richard Carter. He's charged with killing 45-year-old Carter at his ex-wife's home in Fall Branch.
Officers say he confessed to the shooting.
According to the Johnson City Press, jury selection began at 9:00 Tuesday morning.
Allen is currently in jail under a $301,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash