JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A first degree murder trial began Tuesday in Washington County, Tennessee.
James Henry Allen is charged in the May 2010 shooting death of Richard Carter. He's charged with killing 45-year-old Carter at his ex-wife's home in Fall Branch.
Officers say he confessed to the shooting.
According to the Johnson City Press, jury selection began at 9:00 Tuesday morning.
Allen is currently in jail under a $301,000 bond.
- New Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court