JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A first degree murder trial began Tuesday in Washington County, Tennessee.
James Henry Allen is charged in the May 2010 shooting death of Richard Carter. He's charged with killing 45-year-old Carter at his ex-wife's home in Fall Branch.
Officers say he confessed to the shooting.
According to the Johnson City Press, jury selection began at 9:00 Tuesday morning.
Allen is currently in jail under a $301,000 bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting