JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police have arrested a man and charged him with being a fugitive of justice.
Officer spotted 42-year-old Kevin D. McCarver on Saturday at the Sunoco gas station on North Roan Street in Johnson City.
Police ran a records check on McCarver and found he was wanted in Osceloa County, Florida for failing to register as a sex offender.
McCarver was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center.
He is being held without bond.
McCarver is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.
- Updated Kingsport Police searching for murder suspect
- Part of I-81 closed after accident
- Deputies searching for an inmate who walked off a job detail in Carter County
- Dozens run to remember avid runner in Tri-Cities community
- Sullivan County expected to vote on Island Road rezoning controversy on Tuesday