JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police have arrested a man and charged him with being a fugitive of justice.
Officer spotted 42-year-old Kevin D. McCarver on Saturday at the Sunoco gas station on North Roan Street in Johnson City.
Police ran a records check on McCarver and found he was wanted in Osceloa County, Florida for failing to register as a sex offender.
McCarver was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center.
He is being held without bond.
McCarver is scheduled to be arraigned on Monday.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death