JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Fire Department firefighters are blaming a wall heater in a bathroom for a fire that damaged a home in Johnson City.
The fire happened Wednesday morning on East Chestnut Street.
Investigators say the fire started after combustibles were left next to a wall heater in the bathroom.
We're told about half of the home was damaged by the fire, and there was smoke damage all throughout the home.
There were no reported injuries.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting