JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The James H. Quillen VA Medical Center at Mountain Home will host a "veterans' stand down" Friday morning at Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church, in Johnson City.
The event is a community effort to help homeless veterans lift their spirits and improve their health by offering counseling, housing and legal resources, health care screenings and other services.
The event is from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., and all veterans are encouraged to attend.
- Historic U.S. Army recruitment effort increase underway
- More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death