JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The James H. Quillen VA Medical Center at Mountain Home will host a "veterans' stand down" Friday morning at Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church, in Johnson City.
The event is a community effort to help homeless veterans lift their spirits and improve their health by offering counseling, housing and legal resources, health care screenings and other services.
The event is from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., and all veterans are encouraged to attend.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway