Johnson City police have released the name of the man hit and killed by a train this weekend.
Heath Ramirez, 23, from Montgomery, Texas was hit near the intersection of state of Franklin Road and Watauga Avenue.
They say he was in town visiting friends at nearby University Edge Apartments. JCPD Sgt. Mike Adams says Ramirez's friends had left a party at those apartments to go to a bar downtown and Ramirez apparently was on his way to meet them when he was hit by a train and killed.
"He was leaving the party and was walking along the railroad tracks making his way downtown. We do believe he was heavily intoxicated. may have fallen or laid down to rest or something like that,” Adams said.
- New Jimmy Buffet, Chris Stapleton, James Taylor opening for the Eagles on select dates in 2018
- Police seek help in solving vehicle theft cases in Elizabethton
- Motor Mile Speedway near Radford not renewing NASCAR sanction for 2018
- Updated UPDATE: TBI identifies shooting victim in Piney Flats incident
- Investigators say D.B. Cooper letter confirms suspect, FBI cover-up