JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - UPDATE 9:44 a.m.: Johnson City Police confirmed Monday morning, detectives are treating the case as a murder suicide.
Officers are waiting on test results to confirm, but at this point they are not looking for any suspects.
They expect to release the names at some point Monday.
Police got the call at 3 in the afternoon Sunday to respond to Brush Creek Meadows apartments in Johnson City.
Police tell us they found a man and a woman who had been shot.
Police are still investigating and will not release further information until they get autopsy results, but they believe it is a homicide.
Witnesses tell police they had not heard anything that sounded like a gun.
Police are unsure if it happened overnight or on Sunday morning.
We will bring you the latest facts on air and online as soon as we get them.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire