JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police said they arrested Jamarcus Jackson in connection with the shooting death of DeShaun Greer and attempted killing of Jamison Lewis.
Early Sunday morning, officers were called to a parking lot on Cherry Street in the downtown Johnson City area.
After arriving, police say there was a large group of people involved in a disturbance.
Authorities were able to restore the peace, but the shootout left Greer dead and Lewis wounded.
Officers charged Jackson with Second Degree Murder in Greer's death.
Jackson is also charged with attempted second degree murder on accusations of shooting Lewis.
In addition, police said Jackson is charged with Aggravated Assault for shooting Zachary Breedlove and Reckless Endangerment in connection with the shooting of Jonathan McInturff.
Jackson has previous felony convictions in Tennessee, so he will also face a charge of Unlawful Possession of a Weapon by a Convicted Felon and possession of marijuana.
His arraignment is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Monday in Washington County, Tennessee General Sessions Court. A judge set his bond at $200,000.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death