A Johnson City, Tennessee man critically injured in a two-vehicle crash two months ago has died from his injuries over the weekend.
A report from the Johnson City Police Department said Sidney W. Swahn, 68, succumbed to his injuries at a local hospital on March 18.
Swahn was traveling northbound on South Roan Street in an SUV on January 17 when police said his vehicle crossed the double-yellow line and struck a pickup truck driven by Gerald D. Bennett, 54, also of Johnson City, head-on near the Tipton Haynes Historical Site.
Bennett was pronounced dead at the scene that day.
- Updated Tennessee passes sign language bill
- Court documents: Mother had abused teen in kidnapping case
- Prosecutor: Couple laughed as they fatally shot service dog
- Johnson City authorities execute explosive entry to serve warrant
- Washington County, Va. leaders demanding more transparency from Small Business Incubator