JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The United Way had their first progress report today to talk about their fundraising so far.
The campaign slogan this year is ‘Give From Your Heart' and they are hoping many will do just that.
Their goal is to raise over a million dollars this year, but campaign chair Tim Swecker tells News 5 they could always use more to help those in our area. "There is definitely more need out there. Some of our employers are down in numbers of people they're employing. Everybody's help is what we need," said Swecker.
Currently they are working with 17 organizations and have grants to help other organizations during the year if needed.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- Updated Kingsport police looking for quick change scammers
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois