Around 2:15 Saturday morning, officers say they arrested Joshua Collins and Holly Hughes.
Officers say they saw them handling drug paraphernalia and searched the car they were sitting in. After the search, police say they found several bags of meth, a large amount of cash, and more drug paraphernalia. They say the findings are consistent with the sale of illegal narcotics.
Collins has been charged with intent to sell methamphetamine and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
Hughes was charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
A records check also found Hughes is wanted out of Washington County, Tennessee for failure to appear.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next