Around 2:15 Saturday morning, officers say they arrested Joshua Collins and Holly Hughes.
Officers say they saw them handling drug paraphernalia and searched the car they were sitting in. After the search, police say they found several bags of meth, a large amount of cash, and more drug paraphernalia. They say the findings are consistent with the sale of illegal narcotics.
Collins has been charged with intent to sell methamphetamine and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
Hughes was charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawful drug paraphernalia.
A records check also found Hughes is wanted out of Washington County, Tennessee for failure to appear.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day