JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police charged a man and woman following a deadly overnight shooting.
Officers said they found two people shot on East Myrtle Avenue just after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
30-year-old Michael Rowe died.
29-year-old Moses Ballard Jr. was also shot, but survived. Ballad is charged with second degree murder. Police say Ballard and Rowe got into a fight before the shooting.
24-year-old Tonya Hartley is charged with aggravated assault, tampering with evidence, and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon. She's suspected of hiring weapons used in the shooting.
Hartley is being held on a $50,000 bond at Washington County Detention Center. She is scheduled to appear at 1:30 p.m. on July 7th, in Washington County General Sessions Court.
Ballard is being guarded at the Johnson City Medical Center and will be taken to the Washington County Detention Center upon his release.
A bond hearing will be held for Ballard at Washington County General Sessions Court.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death