JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police say they arrested two people from Pennsylvania, charging them with making counterfeit money.
Elvin Jallah and Zakaria Sheriff are charged with two counts of criminal simulation.
Police say a business filed a complaint saying the two suspects used fake $100 bills to buy merchandise.
They were being held in the Washington County Detention Center, where they are both being held in lieu of a $20,000 bond.
They were set to be arraigned on Monday morning.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex