JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police say they arrested two people from Pennsylvania, charging them with making counterfeit money.
Elvin Jallah and Zakaria Sheriff are charged with two counts of criminal simulation.
Police say a business filed a complaint saying the two suspects used fake $100 bills to buy merchandise.
They were being held in the Washington County Detention Center, where they are both being held in lieu of a $20,000 bond.
They were set to be arraigned on Monday morning.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane