JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University senior basketball players Sheldon Cooley and Marcus Dubose have been indefinitely suspended from the team following arrests on drug charges.
They were charged Monday by the First Judicial Drug Task Force. This is Cooley's second arrest this year. He was charged in February with filing a false police report.
Cooley was jailed Monday on a drug paraphernalia possession charge. Dubose was charged with drug possession for resale and possession of drug paraphernalia.
ETSU Director of Media Relations Joe Smith released this statement Tuesday:
"Both Sheldon Cooley and Marcus Dubose have been suspended indefinitely from the East Tennessee State University men's basketball team following arrests made by the First Judicial Drug Task Force on Monday, Nov. 19. The First Judicial Drug Task Force is overseeing this investigation. From the beginning, ETSU has cooperated with this investigation and will continue to do so."
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities