JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two Kingsport residents are facing charges in Johnson City. They are accused of selling drugs.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 18-year-old Kairi Thompson and 19-year-old Eric Smith were arrested Thursday after an investigation of crack cocaine sales in the city.
Police say Thompson is charged with selling and having the drug, as well as tampering with evidence. Smith is charged with delivering crack cocaine.
Both were taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center. They are expected to be arraigned Friday morning in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday