JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two Kingsport residents are facing charges in Johnson City. They are accused of selling drugs.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 18-year-old Kairi Thompson and 19-year-old Eric Smith were arrested Thursday after an investigation of crack cocaine sales in the city.
Police say Thompson is charged with selling and having the drug, as well as tampering with evidence. Smith is charged with delivering crack cocaine.
Both were taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center. They are expected to be arraigned Friday morning in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School