JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two Kingsport residents are facing charges in Johnson City. They are accused of selling drugs.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 18-year-old Kairi Thompson and 19-year-old Eric Smith were arrested Thursday after an investigation of crack cocaine sales in the city.
Police say Thompson is charged with selling and having the drug, as well as tampering with evidence. Smith is charged with delivering crack cocaine.
Both were taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center. They are expected to be arraigned Friday morning in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash