JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Two Kingsport residents are facing charges in Johnson City. They are accused of selling drugs.
Johnson City Police tell News 5, 18-year-old Kairi Thompson and 19-year-old Eric Smith were arrested Thursday after an investigation of crack cocaine sales in the city.
Police say Thompson is charged with selling and having the drug, as well as tampering with evidence. Smith is charged with delivering crack cocaine.
Both were taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center. They are expected to be arraigned Friday morning in Washington County General Sessions Court.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon