Fundraising for the Tweetsie Trail Rails to Trails project kicks off Wednesday.
The goal is to raise more than $200,000.
The trail will connect the Alabama Street Trailhead and Sycamore Shoals State Historic Area in Elizabethton.
A news conference will be held in Johnson City Wednesday afternoon at the Alabama Street Trailhead at two o'clock.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike