The Tennessee Valley Authority economic development program has helped stimulate nearly $5.9 billion in its service area.
TVA officials tell News 5 WCYB their efforts helped attract or retain 48-thousand jobs last year alone.
Since the initiative started in 2006, 6,300 jobs and nearly 506-million dollars have come to northeast Tennessee and Virginia.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument