The Tennessee Valley Authority economic development program has helped stimulate nearly $5.9 billion in its service area.
TVA officials tell News 5 WCYB their efforts helped attract or retain 48-thousand jobs last year alone.
Since the initiative started in 2006, 6,300 jobs and nearly 506-million dollars have come to northeast Tennessee and Virginia.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School