JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tupelo Honey Cafe is opening its eighth restaurant in Johnson City. The doors officially open at 4pm Monday.
It's located in the historic Clinchfield Railroad Depot at 300 Buffalo Street.
General Manager Missy Caves says history is important to the new location.
"It's just charming, we really love the history of the depot and the story of the trains here and the downtown," said Caves. "We just are near and dear to the old historic building."
The business is bringing in 120 new jobs.
From June 16th through June 19th the hours will be 4pm-9pm. Beginning Monday, June 30, regular restaurant hours will be: Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; and Sunday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Only dinner will be offered for the first two weeks.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game