WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The attorney for Thomas Ken Owens of Johnson City told News 5 WCYB on Tuesday trial dates have been set for his client.
According to attorney David Robbins, T.K. Owens will have a competency hearing January 27, 2014. His trial on a charge of solicitation of a minor our of Carter County, Tennessee is scheduled for January 28.
Owens' trial on a charges of solicitation of first degree murder will take place January 29. All trials and hearings for Owens will be held in Washington County, Tennessee.
Prosecutors said Owens is accused of agreeing on a $2,500 price tag for an undercover deputy to kill Carter County Deputy Earnest Widby, who's his uncle and a minister.
Owens once ran for a U.S. Senate seat and worked as a reporter in the Tri Cities.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project