WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The attorney for Thomas Ken Owens of Johnson City told News 5 WCYB on Tuesday trial dates have been set for his client.
According to attorney David Robbins, T.K. Owens will have a competency hearing January 27, 2014. His trial on a charge of solicitation of a minor our of Carter County, Tennessee is scheduled for January 28.
Owens' trial on a charges of solicitation of first degree murder will take place January 29. All trials and hearings for Owens will be held in Washington County, Tennessee.
Prosecutors said Owens is accused of agreeing on a $2,500 price tag for an undercover deputy to kill Carter County Deputy Earnest Widby, who's his uncle and a minister.
Owens once ran for a U.S. Senate seat and worked as a reporter in the Tri Cities.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated New release dates for "Toy Story 4" and "Incredibles 2"
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer