JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jury selection is set to get underway Monday morning in Jonesborough for the trial of three people accused of running over a Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Deputy during a high-speed chase.
Dalvin Stephens, Reginald Dewayne Smith and Ashley Nicole McGraw are charged with attempted first degree murder and attempted aggravated robbery.
The three are accused of running from officers investigating a home robbery in January of 2012. Investigators say Deputy Gary Daugherty was hit at a high rate of speed while trying to put down spike strips to stop the car.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting