JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jury selection is set to get underway Monday morning in Jonesborough for the trial of three people accused of running over a Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Deputy during a high-speed chase.
Dalvin Stephens, Reginald Dewayne Smith and Ashley Nicole McGraw are charged with attempted first degree murder and attempted aggravated robbery.
The three are accused of running from officers investigating a home robbery in January of 2012. Investigators say Deputy Gary Daugherty was hit at a high rate of speed while trying to put down spike strips to stop the car.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone