JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jury selection is set to get underway Monday morning in Jonesborough for the trial of three people accused of running over a Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Deputy during a high-speed chase.
Dalvin Stephens, Reginald Dewayne Smith and Ashley Nicole McGraw are charged with attempted first degree murder and attempted aggravated robbery.
The three are accused of running from officers investigating a home robbery in January of 2012. Investigators say Deputy Gary Daugherty was hit at a high rate of speed while trying to put down spike strips to stop the car.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator