JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Three large trees in Johnson City are being recognized by the state of Tennessee.
All three are dubbed Champion Trees by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture's Forestry Division.
News 5 learned a few facts about the trees.
The Pin Oak, located behind Snow Memorial Baptist Church has a crown spread of 103 feet.
The Southern Catalpa is located on the Veterans' Administration campus and stands 86 feet tall.
The Douglas Fir stands 73 feet tall in the historic Tree Streets neighborhood.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment