JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Three large trees in Johnson City are being recognized by the state of Tennessee.
All three are dubbed Champion Trees by the Tennessee Department of Agriculture's Forestry Division.
News 5 learned a few facts about the trees.
The Pin Oak, located behind Snow Memorial Baptist Church has a crown spread of 103 feet.
The Southern Catalpa is located on the Veterans' Administration campus and stands 86 feet tall.
The Douglas Fir stands 73 feet tall in the historic Tree Streets neighborhood.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development