JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The American Veterans Traveling Tribute arrived in Johnson City on Monday.
The event will commemorate everything from WWII to September 11th first responders.
A highlight to the week-long event is a half-scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial in Washington D.C. Organizers are expecting up to 50,000 people to attend the festivities at University Parkway Baptist Church, including many veterans.
The free event kicks off on Tuesday and will continue until Saturday.
Tuesday's events include a blood drive from 3:30 to 8 pm, a special appearance by the EMS Honor Guard at 5 pm and a Carter County Sheriff's Department SWAT Team demonstration at 7 pm.
For more information go to thewalljc.com.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor