JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man they say ran while they were investigating him.
Koron Tyree Fairley was arrested Tuesday.
Investigators tell News 5 they handcuffed Fairley while looking into a vehicle they suspected had just been involved in a crack cocaine deal.
Police tell us as they searched the car, Fairley ran away from them but he was caught shortly after. Investigators say they also found crack cocaine hidden on Fairley after the pursuit.
Fairley is charged with possession of crack cocaine for resale and escape.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson