JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man they say ran while they were investigating him.
Koron Tyree Fairley was arrested Tuesday.
Investigators tell News 5 they handcuffed Fairley while looking into a vehicle they suspected had just been involved in a crack cocaine deal.
Police tell us as they searched the car, Fairley ran away from them but he was caught shortly after. Investigators say they also found crack cocaine hidden on Fairley after the pursuit.
Fairley is charged with possession of crack cocaine for resale and escape.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day