JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man they say ran while they were investigating him.
Koron Tyree Fairley was arrested Tuesday.
Investigators tell News 5 they handcuffed Fairley while looking into a vehicle they suspected had just been involved in a crack cocaine deal.
Police tell us as they searched the car, Fairley ran away from them but he was caught shortly after. Investigators say they also found crack cocaine hidden on Fairley after the pursuit.
Fairley is charged with possession of crack cocaine for resale and escape.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash