JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a man they say ran while they were investigating him.
Koron Tyree Fairley was arrested Tuesday.
Investigators tell News 5 they handcuffed Fairley while looking into a vehicle they suspected had just been involved in a crack cocaine deal.
Police tell us as they searched the car, Fairley ran away from them but he was caught shortly after. Investigators say they also found crack cocaine hidden on Fairley after the pursuit.
Fairley is charged with possession of crack cocaine for resale and escape.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone