JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after police say he was driving a stolen car and then tried to run when officers pulled him over.
Joseph Griffith is charged with felony evading arrest, possession of a stolen vehicle and speeding.
Officers say they stopped a Chevy Blazer for speeding and that's when they say Griffith got out and tried to run.
Police say they later determined the SUV had been reported stolen in Johnson City earlier this month.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane