JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after police say he was driving a stolen car and then tried to run when officers pulled him over.
Joseph Griffith is charged with felony evading arrest, possession of a stolen vehicle and speeding.
Officers say they stopped a Chevy Blazer for speeding and that's when they say Griffith got out and tried to run.
Police say they later determined the SUV had been reported stolen in Johnson City earlier this month.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport