JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after police say he was driving a stolen car and then tried to run when officers pulled him over.
Joseph Griffith is charged with felony evading arrest, possession of a stolen vehicle and speeding.
Officers say they stopped a Chevy Blazer for speeding and that's when they say Griffith got out and tried to run.
Police say they later determined the SUV had been reported stolen in Johnson City earlier this month.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day