JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing charges after police say he was driving a stolen car and then tried to run when officers pulled him over.
Joseph Griffith is charged with felony evading arrest, possession of a stolen vehicle and speeding.
Officers say they stopped a Chevy Blazer for speeding and that's when they say Griffith got out and tried to run.
Police say they later determined the SUV had been reported stolen in Johnson City earlier this month.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson