Update: Cynthia West was arraigned in Washington County court Thursday. She is due in court again on August 9.
West has been assigned a court-appointed attorney.
A toddler was found wandering the streets of Johnson City Wednesday night wearing only a diaper.
The child's mother is now in jail.
Cynthia West is charged with child neglect, public intoxication, simple assault, resisting arrest, and criminal impersonation.
The child was found wandering in a vacant parking lot along South Roan Street by two concerned citizens who called police.
Officers eventually found West who they say gave them false names and even implied she was God.
When she was arrested, police say she fought back by trying to kick out the windows of the patrol car.
The child was taken into protective custody.
- New Latest poll shows tight race for Virginia governor's race
- New WATCH: Ron Howard releases name of Han Solo feature coming in May
- Pound police seize drugs, guns, thousand rounds of ammo in "frightening" discovery
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Police: Mother placed toddlers in oven, turned it on