Update: Cynthia West was arraigned in Washington County court Thursday. She is due in court again on August 9.
West has been assigned a court-appointed attorney.
A toddler was found wandering the streets of Johnson City Wednesday night wearing only a diaper.
The child's mother is now in jail.
Cynthia West is charged with child neglect, public intoxication, simple assault, resisting arrest, and criminal impersonation.
The child was found wandering in a vacant parking lot along South Roan Street by two concerned citizens who called police.
Officers eventually found West who they say gave them false names and even implied she was God.
When she was arrested, police say she fought back by trying to kick out the windows of the patrol car.
The child was taken into protective custody.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone