JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Three people charged in connection to a 2010 murder in Johnson City were sentenced in court Monday morning.
Gary Gilbert and Anthony Purcell both entered guilty pleas to second degree murder Monday morning in Jonesborough. They were accused of killing Steven Rodriguez inside his Johnson City home in 2010.
They were both sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Murder charges against Jennifer Purcell were dropped. She plead guilty to aggravated burglary and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
The three, along with Valerie Arnold, were also charged with the murder of Natashia Collins in Scott County, Virginia.
Arnold was convicted; the three cases are still pending.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets