JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Florida man being held in the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center is the third inmate to die at the facility in recent months.
The sheriff's department says 29-year-old Aaron Michael Bever died Monday night of a self inflicted injury. Bever had been arrested by Johnson City Police on June 14 on charges of being a convicted felon in possession of a handgun.
The investigation has been turned over to the TBI.
The TBI is also still investigating two more inmate deaths from the facility from earlier this year.
A sheriff's department spokeswoman says they are still waiting on autopsy results in those investigations, but they do not appear suspicious.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial