JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee has the highest beer tax in the nation and Friday night a rally was held in Johnson City to raise awareness.
Currently, beer in Tennessee is taxed based on price and not by wholesale price and its taking a toll on some businesses.
We spoke to Rep. Cameron Sexton about the rally and what it means for local businesses and breweries.
"Tax, the way it is, if it rises with their cost, they can't control that and so its not fault of their own and they're having to cover that tax or take away their margins."
For more information, you can visit their website:
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport