JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee has the highest beer tax in the nation and Friday night a rally was held in Johnson City to raise awareness.
Currently, beer in Tennessee is taxed based on price and not by wholesale price and its taking a toll on some businesses.
We spoke to Rep. Cameron Sexton about the rally and what it means for local businesses and breweries.
"Tax, the way it is, if it rises with their cost, they can't control that and so its not fault of their own and they're having to cover that tax or take away their margins."
For more information, you can visit their website:
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend