JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee has the highest beer tax in the nation and Friday night a rally was held in Johnson City to raise awareness.
Currently, beer in Tennessee is taxed based on price and not by wholesale price and its taking a toll on some businesses.
We spoke to Rep. Cameron Sexton about the rally and what it means for local businesses and breweries.
"Tax, the way it is, if it rises with their cost, they can't control that and so its not fault of their own and they're having to cover that tax or take away their margins."
For more information, you can visit their website:
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities