JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Tennessee has the highest beer tax in the nation and Friday night a rally was held in Johnson City to raise awareness.
Currently, beer in Tennessee is taxed based on price and not by wholesale price and its taking a toll on some businesses.
We spoke to Rep. Cameron Sexton about the rally and what it means for local businesses and breweries.
"Tax, the way it is, if it rises with their cost, they can't control that and so its not fault of their own and they're having to cover that tax or take away their margins."
For more information, you can visit their website:
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall