JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City teen faces charges after police say when he led them on a chase when they tried to pull him over.
Johnson City Police tell us they got a report of Codey Taylor 'acting suspicious' at a local convenience store. When they tried to make a traffic stop, they say he sped off in an attempt to evade police.
Police tell us he eventually tried to run on foot, but was captured.
There's currently no information on why he ran.
Taylor is charged with evading arrest, reckless driving, underage driving while impaired, and consumption of alcohol under 21.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon