JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board is reporting power outages for 1,000 customers. They say crews were dispatched and have reported extensive damage caused by high winds and downed trees.
"There are multiple spans of transmission lines down in Piney Flats, Fordtown, and Colonial Heights," says JCPB CEO, Jeff Dykes. "It will take crews several hours to restore service, and that's provided the second wave of storms doesn't hit. There is extensive damage near the I81-26 area."
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day