JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board is reporting power outages for 1,000 customers. They say crews were dispatched and have reported extensive damage caused by high winds and downed trees.
"There are multiple spans of transmission lines down in Piney Flats, Fordtown, and Colonial Heights," says JCPB CEO, Jeff Dykes. "It will take crews several hours to restore service, and that's provided the second wave of storms doesn't hit. There is extensive damage near the I81-26 area."
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial