JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board is reporting power outages for 1,000 customers. They say crews were dispatched and have reported extensive damage caused by high winds and downed trees.
"There are multiple spans of transmission lines down in Piney Flats, Fordtown, and Colonial Heights," says JCPB CEO, Jeff Dykes. "It will take crews several hours to restore service, and that's provided the second wave of storms doesn't hit. There is extensive damage near the I81-26 area."
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough