JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board is reporting power outages for 1,000 customers. They say crews were dispatched and have reported extensive damage caused by high winds and downed trees.
"There are multiple spans of transmission lines down in Piney Flats, Fordtown, and Colonial Heights," says JCPB CEO, Jeff Dykes. "It will take crews several hours to restore service, and that's provided the second wave of storms doesn't hit. There is extensive damage near the I81-26 area."
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school