JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a list of charges after police say there was a standoff, a fire, a potential meth lab discovery and eventually an arrest.
39-year-old Brian Coggins is charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated arson, resisting arrest, initiation of the process to make meth and for unlawfully wearing a body vest.
Police believe he was staying at a home on Highland Avenue while the owners were away and when they responded, police say the incident began.
Coggins is in jail under a $91,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Friday.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death