JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a list of charges after police say there was a standoff, a fire, a potential meth lab discovery and eventually an arrest.
39-year-old Brian Coggins is charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated arson, resisting arrest, initiation of the process to make meth and for unlawfully wearing a body vest.
Police believe he was staying at a home on Highland Avenue while the owners were away and when they responded, police say the incident began.
Coggins is in jail under a $91,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Friday.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate