JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a list of charges after police say there was a standoff, a fire, a potential meth lab discovery and eventually an arrest.
39-year-old Brian Coggins is charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated arson, resisting arrest, initiation of the process to make meth and for unlawfully wearing a body vest.
Police believe he was staying at a home on Highland Avenue while the owners were away and when they responded, police say the incident began.
Coggins is in jail under a $91,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Friday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash