JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A Johnson City man is facing a list of charges after police say there was a standoff, a fire, a potential meth lab discovery and eventually an arrest.
39-year-old Brian Coggins is charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated arson, resisting arrest, initiation of the process to make meth and for unlawfully wearing a body vest.
Police believe he was staying at a home on Highland Avenue while the owners were away and when they responded, police say the incident began.
Coggins is in jail under a $91,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Friday.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin