The holidays are fast approaching and one organization in Johnson City wants to make sure no family has to go without.
Seasons of Hope helps children and families who may not qualify for help from other agencies due to things like age or income level.
They are now looking for sponsors who can adopt a child or family giving them a better Christmas than they would be able to have on their own.
The organization has more than 50 families who have signed up for help.
"We have children ask for underwear, socks, and blankets. we have numerous families that don't even have beds for their children that we help. So, it's not just like them having a present under the tree. You're helping the whole family have a better quality of life," Katy Keen with Seasons of Life said.
On November 4 Seasons of Hope will have a family story event where sponsors can read the stories of families in need and choose one to help. The event will be held at the Rose Hill Ballroom on East Market St. in Johnson City.
- Johnson City kids got to 'shop with a cop' for all the gifts on their list
- Dozens gather in Johnson City to remember Sandy Hook tragedy
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill
- SINCLAIR CARES: Know your toys and age limits this Christmas season
- United Way Washington County collects $1.5M- short of $1.8M goal