JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - One half of Johnson City is blanketed with snow, while the other half is dry.
Most of the main roads in the city have been cleared, but many of the secondary road in the south part of the city are slick and covered with snow.
The worst roads are on the south side of Johnson City -- the roads off of South Roan Street, which were clear as of noon Wednesday, and Okolona Road and Old Lewis Road, still covered at that time.
Due to large amount of snow Johnson City and Washington County, TN schools are closed Wednesday.
News 5 WCYB is working to find out when crew will clear the roads.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator