JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A national softball tournament is coming to Johnson City, and with it a major economic boost.
The ASA Girls Fast-Pitch Softball National Championships will be held at Winged Deer Park starting Sunday, July 27.
44 teams from 14 different states will descend on the Tri-cities. City officials tell us the thousands of athletes, their families, and their fans will have a direct economic impact of more than $1 million. Grant Summers, with Johnson City Parks and Recreation, tells us there were other cities vying for the opportunity to host this tournament but says they decided on Johnson City because of the manner in which the tournaments are run.
You can find information on brackets and ticket prices at johnsoncityasanationals.com.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated