JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A national softball tournament is coming to Johnson City, and with it a major economic boost.
The ASA Girls Fast-Pitch Softball National Championships will be held at Winged Deer Park starting Sunday, July 27.
44 teams from 14 different states will descend on the Tri-cities. City officials tell us the thousands of athletes, their families, and their fans will have a direct economic impact of more than $1 million. Grant Summers, with Johnson City Parks and Recreation, tells us there were other cities vying for the opportunity to host this tournament but says they decided on Johnson City because of the manner in which the tournaments are run.
You can find information on brackets and ticket prices at johnsoncityasanationals.com.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting