WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A scuffle over a sandwich turned into a drug bust in Washington County.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, an officer drove to 445 Harmony Circle in Gray to respond to a domestic violence call. The officer got there and found a husband and wife drinking and arguing over a sandwich.
The officer also found drug paraphernalia and 50 pot plants in plain view.
Stephanie Burrell was charged with manufacture of Schedule VI drugs and maintaining a dwelling where drugs are manufactured. Her husband Jeremiah Burrell was charged the same, with an additional charge of domestic violence.
The press release from the sheriff's office states that if the plants were mature, they could have reached a value of $1,000 each.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run