WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A scuffle over a sandwich turned into a drug bust in Washington County.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, an officer drove to 445 Harmony Circle in Gray to respond to a domestic violence call. The officer got there and found a husband and wife drinking and arguing over a sandwich.
The officer also found drug paraphernalia and 50 pot plants in plain view.
Stephanie Burrell was charged with manufacture of Schedule VI drugs and maintaining a dwelling where drugs are manufactured. Her husband Jeremiah Burrell was charged the same, with an additional charge of domestic violence.
The press release from the sheriff's office states that if the plants were mature, they could have reached a value of $1,000 each.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport