WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A scuffle over a sandwich turned into a drug bust in Washington County.
According to Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal, an officer drove to 445 Harmony Circle in Gray to respond to a domestic violence call. The officer got there and found a husband and wife drinking and arguing over a sandwich.
The officer also found drug paraphernalia and 50 pot plants in plain view.
Stephanie Burrell was charged with manufacture of Schedule VI drugs and maintaining a dwelling where drugs are manufactured. Her husband Jeremiah Burrell was charged the same, with an additional charge of domestic violence.
The press release from the sheriff's office states that if the plants were mature, they could have reached a value of $1,000 each.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project