JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - A Johnson City group is collecting school supplies for homeless children.
Spines and Sports Chiropractic is sponsoring a back to school drive to support the 730 homeless children in the Johnson City school system.
Any school supplies they raise will be given to the Johnson City schools homeless coordinator for distribution.
Tim Dunne tells us what supplies are needed. "We have multiple needs for the kids. Anything from books and pencils to backpacks. said Dunne. "So, we've been contacting a lot of the local businesses that carry these types of items wanting them to donate to us."
Anyone who donates will have their name put in a drawing to win four Johnson City Cardinals tickets.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next