JOHNSON CITY, TENN. - A Johnson City group is collecting school supplies for homeless children.
Spines and Sports Chiropractic is sponsoring a back to school drive to support the 730 homeless children in the Johnson City school system.
Any school supplies they raise will be given to the Johnson City schools homeless coordinator for distribution.
Tim Dunne tells us what supplies are needed. "We have multiple needs for the kids. Anything from books and pencils to backpacks. said Dunne. "So, we've been contacting a lot of the local businesses that carry these types of items wanting them to donate to us."
Anyone who donates will have their name put in a drawing to win four Johnson City Cardinals tickets.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court