JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board officials tell News 5 WCYB some of their customers are still being targeted for scams. Two more complaints were reported on Tuesday.
A utility representative said the last few weeks several customers have received phone calls from an unknown party posing as a JCPB employee. According to the power board, the callers tried to convince the customers to purchase a prepaid gift card.
The Johnson City Power Board wants to remind its customers they do not use prepaid gift cards and do not solicit them to their customers.
If you get one of these calls, Johnson City Police are asking for you to record the caller ID information and file a report.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend