JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board officials tell News 5 WCYB some of their customers are still being targeted for scams. Two more complaints were reported on Tuesday.
A utility representative said the last few weeks several customers have received phone calls from an unknown party posing as a JCPB employee. According to the power board, the callers tried to convince the customers to purchase a prepaid gift card.
The Johnson City Power Board wants to remind its customers they do not use prepaid gift cards and do not solicit them to their customers.
If you get one of these calls, Johnson City Police are asking for you to record the caller ID information and file a report.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day