JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Power Board officials tell News 5 WCYB some of their customers are still being targeted for scams. Two more complaints were reported on Tuesday.
A utility representative said the last few weeks several customers have received phone calls from an unknown party posing as a JCPB employee. According to the power board, the callers tried to convince the customers to purchase a prepaid gift card.
The Johnson City Power Board wants to remind its customers they do not use prepaid gift cards and do not solicit them to their customers.
If you get one of these calls, Johnson City Police are asking for you to record the caller ID information and file a report.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway