JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - If you normally drive in downtown Johnson City, you may have to take an alternate route for a while.
Road improvements are underway on East Main Street. Johnson City Public Works says crews are constructing new curbs on the North side of the street.
Because of that work, the westbound lane is closed between South Broadway Street and Bert Street.
If you're driving into Johnson City from Elizabethton, you will be detoured at the intersection of Broadway.
Crews say the road work should last for about three weeks.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program