JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - If you normally drive in downtown Johnson City, you may have to take an alternate route for a while.
Road improvements are underway on East Main Street. Johnson City Public Works says crews are constructing new curbs on the North side of the street.
Because of that work, the westbound lane is closed between South Broadway Street and Bert Street.
If you're driving into Johnson City from Elizabethton, you will be detoured at the intersection of Broadway.
Crews say the road work should last for about three weeks.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next