JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City police arrested a Lafollette, Tennessee man who was shot in the leg while authorities say he was burglarizing a house.
Lam Duc Nguyen Hoang was arrested and charged with aggravated burglary and theft. Police say Hoang broke into a home and took items. They believe he entered through a window in the back of the house.
Police say what he didn't know was that the resident was home. Police say the unidentified resident found Hoang in one of the bedrooms going through the drawers. They say the resident held Hoang at gunpoint and told him to get to the floor.
The resident told police Hoang made a sudden movement towards him and he shot Hoang in the leg.
Hoang was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center Wednesday night and was held overnight.
He was taken to the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center Thursday.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson