JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The second annual radio-thon is underway for Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City.
CEO Steven Godbold tells us several local companies have already pledged money.
The campaign will be on all Holston Valley Broadcasting stations. Last year they raised $125,000, which was used for syringe pumps for some of the sickest children.
This year organizers want to bring in even more money. "What we are going after are Giraffe Omni beds, which is a combination of an incubator and a warmer for premature babies," Godbold said. "These run about $35,000 each. We would like to have enough money for about six of those."
Niswonger's tells us all donations will stay in this area and they appreciate your support.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane