JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Johnson City man convicted of hiring a prostitute for his 12-year-old son will spend a decade behind bars.
Prosecutors say William Taylor pleaded guilty to solicitation of rape of a child.
The 32-year-old was arrested in 2011 during a police prostitution sting at a Johnson City motel. Prosecutors say Taylor agreed to have sex with a woman in the bathroom while his son waited in another part of the motel room.
They say he was then going to wait listen to whatever transpired between the woman and his son. Officers moved in before it went that far.
The court ordered Taylor must serve 35 percent of his 10-year sentence before being eligible for parole.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect