JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A Johnson City man convicted of hiring a prostitute for his 12-year-old son will spend a decade behind bars.
Prosecutors say William Taylor pleaded guilty to solicitation of rape of a child.
The 32-year-old was arrested in 2011 during a police prostitution sting at a Johnson City motel. Prosecutors say Taylor agreed to have sex with a woman in the bathroom while his son waited in another part of the motel room.
They say he was then going to wait listen to whatever transpired between the woman and his son. Officers moved in before it went that far.
The court ordered Taylor must serve 35 percent of his 10-year sentence before being eligible for parole.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash