JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - About 15,000 customers of the Johnson City Power Board are getting their lights back on Wednesday evening after losing power early in the day.
According to the Tennessee Valley Authority, there was an equipment failure at the Boone Dam substation. They had to back feed power from another location to get the power back on.
The outage lasted for about two hours.
TVA representatives tell News 5 they are working to fix the problem.
- New Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version