JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - About 15,000 customers of the Johnson City Power Board are getting their lights back on Wednesday evening after losing power early in the day.
According to the Tennessee Valley Authority, there was an equipment failure at the Boone Dam substation. They had to back feed power from another location to get the power back on.
The outage lasted for about two hours.
TVA representatives tell News 5 they are working to fix the problem.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson