JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a North Carolina woman tried to take goods from a store at The Mall at Johnson City.
37-year-old Amber Branham of Candler, North Carolina was arrested Saturday after an incident at the JCPenney store in Johnson City.
According to police a security officer at JCPenney saw Branham take more than $500 worth of merchandise, conceal it and try to leave without paying.
Investigators believe the suspect also had several items in a bag that was being held by her child.
Branham was arrested and charged with theft of property over $500 and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
She was scheduled to appear in Washington County General Sessions Court on Monday at 1:30 p.m.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect