JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Johnson City Police say a North Carolina woman tried to take goods from a store at The Mall at Johnson City.
37-year-old Amber Branham of Candler, North Carolina was arrested Saturday after an incident at the JCPenney store in Johnson City.
According to police a security officer at JCPenney saw Branham take more than $500 worth of merchandise, conceal it and try to leave without paying.
Investigators believe the suspect also had several items in a bag that was being held by her child.
Branham was arrested and charged with theft of property over $500 and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
She was scheduled to appear in Washington County General Sessions Court on Monday at 1:30 p.m.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims